Thursday, June 21, 2007

But wait there's more!

First I'd like to apologise if some stuff in my last blog offended anyone, I wasnt blaming anyone. As you know there are some days where nothing you can do will stop things from going wrong. This week was one of those. Also, I'm aware of the magic of editing, I'm pretty sure the final product will be spectacular. Or in other peoples eyes, total crap.

On Tuesday we had to go to the city. It's was fucking freezing I'll tell ya. At the intersection we all had to stare up at a billboard (Jen was less than impressed, she appently made clear she doesnt want to be on film). Passers by wondered what was so amazing about Xbox New York bundle being sold for only $599. But it was an AMAZING bargin! If you were there, you'dve stared in awe as well. Wow!

Later on we went to a garage to film the scene where Leigh Thurmer (a lot of thought was put into that name!) discovers he's the Defender. I swear to god I had never been so cold in my entire life! In the car, the outside temperature measured 7 degrees celcius. I was pretty sure the negative sign LED was broken.

In the car hole

In the car hole

At Nicks place on Wednesday, I saw the actors cosy on the lounge, and little Ben was playing chess with Peta. Ben's behavouir reminded me so much of Liam it's not funny. If all 7-12 year olds in the world are like this, then humanity as we know it is doomed. Example, when Ben got caught in Check and everyone was waiting for his move that would make or break the game, he took the opportunity to compare Peta's phone to his (difference between the two kids - Liam cant be trusted with a mobile phone). When Nick C came back from the toilet he asked "Is this the same game?" An hour later, he was eventually defeated but refused to accept that and drastically created some new rules that make him automatically win. If that's not Liam I dont know what it. Well I do, but you dont want to know. Trust me.

Thursday we were in the MAPS studio again. I told you about that in the last blog. I saw something amazing though, I turned around for a brief moment to see Nick C without his wooly hat on! It was only for a few microseconds though.

Came back to the MAPS classroom on Thursday and Jen showed me around. I'd been here before, Nick C shoved me in here on the first day to do some jobs whilst Peter Thurmer and some others we having a meeting of some sort, whilst Nick ran like the wind leaving me all on my own. In the Cert 4 room I saw the tiniest TV I'd ever seen. We ate some pasta that was very very nice, whilst watching takes of Dan V's um... unusual film?

Today I'm staying home again during the school day before going back to Nicks house for some final scenes and a wrap up party. I'll see if I can sneak a couple of drinks in whilst Jens back is turned.

Also I remembered this is the blog titled "Central Band Blog" so it may be nice to write something relevant to that. Firstly, as you know June 23 is tomorrow which is the date we announced as the date our album gets released. I'd like to let you know that this is 110% not happening, and it will be released on a later date to be announced closer to completion. Also, the Central radio special WILL go ahead on Monday and Tuesday, however the songs you will hear are not the completed ones and we are also skipping some incomplete songs on the album.

At the present the playlist should be

Monday
Battlefield
Paycheck
Good Bad Right Wrong
Ashton
Storm

Monday
Maniac
Fast Race
Careful What You Wish For
Resolution
Time Changes

The plan is that me and Jack (guitarist) will talk though the album with DJ Maratay, though weather Jack shows up or takes anything seriously is to be seen.

Also, the lousiest self-shot self-directed self-edited piece of crap ever - Central's "Storm" video. It would've been better if we had more time, but we seriously lacked it, time.



Also, news on our film we're working on at our school - it's been left in the hands of DJ Maratay whilst I'm off at Work Ed. I dont trust him, so it's likely none of you will ever see it.

I should probably talk about that some more but I've talked about enough already. Be back soon with a wrap-up blog.

Later dudes

Richard

1 comment:

Nicholas Cleary said...

Yer sorry bout the lack of wrap partiage - im trying to think of some similiar way ta thank everybody - any suggestions?

That song was freaking sweet btw!